Sweet, take a look at the 2013 RAM truck..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I usually buy vehicles that are 10-15 years old.

Maybe I can get one in about 2025.

By then we should know if they are a good truck to own.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom's '63 Caddy did that! Badly, mind you, but it did it.

Ha, yeah I'm sure the technology has advanced by leaps and bounds since '63, or '77 even. At least I hope so. I thought I remember my mom's lights flashing at other people or turning the high beams off if they reflected off a road sign or something else equally as annoying and potentially dangerous. She got rid of that car when I was about 8, so the details are fuzzy.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in that 8 speed too... pretty cool if you need it.

My 08' GS 460 has an 8 speed trans. With a 342hp V-8 in a 4000lb car, I'm averaging 24-26mpg. I'm not sure how the Aisin 8 speed in mine stacks up to the ZF unit, but it's amazingly quiet, smooth shifting and quick. Reliability ratings on it are very high as well. Progress is a good thing! :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This transmission will be manufactured by ZF, not Dodge. They make transmissions for just about everything imaginable.

http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/products/product_range/product_range.html

Chrysler corporation doesn't make the current transmission either. AISIN does, they also build toyota transmissions, haven't heard anyone whining about the Toyotas transmission failing.

I would wait and see, but since I refuse to own a chrysler or gm product it doesn't matter to me.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chrysler corporation doesn't make the current transmission either. AISIN does, they also build toyota transmissions, haven't heard anyone whining about the Toyotas transmission failing.

I would wait and see, but since I refuse to own a chrysler or gm product it doesn't matter to me.

What transmission are you talking about? Chrysler has their own, Mercedes, Aisin and ZF trans applications. Aisin has trans applications all over the world including Chevy and Ford, same goes for companies like ZF.

Latest posts

Top Bottom