T-bird fishing report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fished at Thunderbird on 3/1/11, crappie are biting;somewhat, near rocky points, and manmade structures; on minnows. Sandbass started jumpimg around 15:00. Nothing worth bragging about on the catch, but a slow day fishing is better than no day fishing. The water level is very, very low...hope we get rain this week.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Curious what area you were in. I was fishing near the dock at Hog Creek yesterday and didn't get a bite (was using minnows as well). I did see one or two sandies jumping, but that was it.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Curious what area you were in. I was fishing near the dock at Hog Creek yesterday and didn't get a bite (was using minnows as well). I did see one or two sandies jumping, but that was it.

West of the bridges on Alameda, moved to a spot near the bridges, and then moved to an area just north of the new marina...had a few bites at each spot, nothing great.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They taste just like they sound, like dirty bass. I'm not a big fan, but other people love them. They are however, a lot of fun to catch! I'll take a sweet crappie or flathead any day over them.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great recipe for sandbass, striper, and hybrids:

Cut the filets into about one inch cubes. Get some shrimp and crab boil, boil a gallon of water, put in the bag of "boil," drop in the cubes and let the water come to a boil again. (The cold cubes will kill the boil initially.) Use a fork to test for "done." It only takes a few minutes for the cubes to become "fragile," so stay on top of it.

I got this from a guide at Broken Bow years ago. Serve it hot with red sauce. You don't even need to cut out the red streak. This is especially good when cooking these fish after they have been frozen. If you want fried sandbass, they are far better when really fresh. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom