Fishing report from Flying M Ranch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I said I would give a report on our fishing trip to Moore's Flying M Ranch in Inola and here it is...

The wife and I rented the log cabin for a couple of nights last week which included fishing in about 30 stocked ponds on over 700 acres. The ranch has some gorgeous views and the fishing was pretty darn good. The owners, Scott and Debby Moore were just great and would bend over backwards to help.

I have never fished for bass in cleaner ponds before in my life. The water was way clearer than about any normal farm pond and they had very little vegetation to deal with. It made it easy to fish with a variety of baits which was nice. The first afternoon we pretty much fished just a couple of ponds and were just catching 1/2 to 3/4 pound bass. The second day we decided to go check out some of the other ponds. Some were definitely better than others. We logged all of our catches that were over about 10 inches long. We both threw back 5 or 6 catches that we did not log but we did log 18 largemouth bass weighing a total of 26.75 pounds. The biggest was a 5.8 pounds and was 22 inches long. (pictured) We threw back all but 13 pounds and of that, the 5.8 pounder we are having mounted.

So if you are looking for somewhere to enjoy some good bass fishing I would not hesitate to recommend Moore's Flying M Ranch. We also saw ducks, geese and a couple of the biggest white tail deer I have ever seen without racks. I know Flying M also offers some hunting packages and if I were more of a hunter, I would be all over that after seeing the ranch. Flying M was well worth it and we plan on going back.

BigBass.jpg

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the report! How were the cabins?

There is actually just one cabin but it was pretty nice. It has two bedrooms (full beds) and two full baths down stairs. It has fully equipped kitchen, large dinning table and living area with large screen TV and Blue Ray player. There is a loft upstairs that has a pool table and a couple of futons that can sleep extra. It has a large wrap around deck. There is a stocked pond just a few steps from the cabin although we did not catch anything in that pond but the owners say it IS stocked.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well there just went a good deal that most likely won't be available much longer.

Gee, not sure what you are saying but it sounds rather negative?!?

If you think that because of my report that EVERYONE will be running to Flying M to fish, I would beg to differ. The Moore's have been doing this for some time now and they appear to manage the ranch usage quite well. I hope it does get them some business and some good fishing for some OSA members!

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gee, not sure what you are saying but it sounds rather negative?!?

If you think that because of my report that EVERYONE will be running to Flying M to fish, I would beg to differ. The Moore's have been doing this for some time now and they appear to manage the ranch usage quite well. I hope it does get them some business and some good fishing for some OSA members!

Just ignore me I find with my old age I am becoming gripping and out spoken. I have learned the hard way several times if I share my good fortune with fellow human beings it always ends up bad for me one way or the other. I shouldn't of said anything but thank you for sharing information with us. I do thank you and I plan on making a couple of nights this spring there

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ignore me I find with my old age I am becoming gripping and out spoken. I have learned the hard way several times if I share my good fortune with fellow human beings it always ends up bad for me one way or the other. I shouldn't of said anything but thank you for sharing information with us. I do thank you and I plan on making a couple of nights this spring there

No problem... I know what you are saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom