Fishing report from Flying M Ranch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that booger was like reeling in a squirming sack of potatoes. His whole head seems big to me but it is a good looking fish. The picture doesn't do it justice. I hooked another one about that same size the next morning in the same area of the same pond but it broke water and shook the lure loose about 20 feet from bank. So I know there are more big ones in that pond for sure.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with OB on the bass. I understand that the owners want there guests to catch a lot of fish and have fun. But the resource need harvest pressure to allow the remainder fish to grow. This requires a lot of forage in the form of bluegills. Did you catch all sizes of bluegills??

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we caught 4 or 5 bluegills but we were using pretty good sized bass lures most of the time. I had two little ones about 3-4 inches get hold of the end of a 5 inch Senko and didn't turn loose until I had them out of the water.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just imagine that 22" bass being about 7.5 pounds and catching several over 5# in a properly managed fertile lake.

Managing a pond to produce that level of catch is pretty intensive. ODW has a brochure that outlines how many fish of each size that needs to be taken from a pond each year.
It can be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom