Tactical 870 stock???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father in-law gave me a 870 pump 12 ga that someone shorten the barrel on to use as a home defense gun for my wife. Looking a short pistol grip style stock or something adjustable like an AR platform. Don't want to spend more than a $100. This is stickily a beside the bed weapon for the wife.... Picked up some Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense 2/4 shot ammo on sale at Bass Pro today. Put one round in a 5 gallon bucket of water at 15 feet. No more bucket....

Thanks for any advice, Tim

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ordered 2 of the Knoxx SpecOps Adjustable stocks (recoiling reducing ones). Got one for my 8 yr olds 20 ga - 870 plus the one for my wife's 870. Reviews looked excellent. Found them on clearance and got both shipped a total of $184. I can live with that. Thanks for the tip - Tim

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out ATI. I have their 6 point, adjustable stock on my 590A1 and it's great. It has a pistol grip and dual recoil buffers. I believe they are under $100 for just the stock. Please learn grammar.

tiny68

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noted your input and looked up that stock. Looks like a good one as well.

Most of us can effectively communicate even if the words are not perfect.

I hated grammar in high school and college. I have a Ph.D. in scientific field and have published 2 books and more that forty peer-reviewed journal articles. I only learned a few years ago that I have a form of dyslexia that causes me not to type/write what I think I am typing/writing. Even when I re-read what I typed - it appears to me as how I intended to appear and not as how it was actually typed. Too many people associate proper grammar with intelligence. False. I am glad I went to school in the 70/80s before all the testing and councilors of today. Today, a kid like me would be shuffled off into special ed and great mind could go to waste.

I have seem similar comments on 100s of thread on this and similar forums. You just mashed my button. Tim

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont feel bad Tim, I believe I have the same disorder as you do. It takes alot of work to make sure your thougts are inputed correctly into words on paper/monitor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom