Tactical lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can look around and find a used Surefire 300X for around that.

Or...

You can buy a brand new Streamlight TLR-1 for about 100 bucks and spend the other $50 on some ammo, a new holster, something... :ugh2:

Those are personally the only two that I would ever consider owning.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can look around and find a used Surefire 300X for around that.

Or...

You can buy a brand new Streamlight TLR-1 for about 100 bucks and spend the other $50 on some ammo, a new holster, something... :ugh2:

Those are personally the only two that I would ever consider owning.

Isn't the Streamlight just a re-badged Insight M3? I'd definitely consider Insight as a good-enough quality brand to put on any firearm I own.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't the Streamlight just a re-badged Insight M3? I'd definitely consider Insight as a good-enough quality brand to put on any firearm I own.

I'm thinking the Insight has a polymer casing/body while the Streamlight series is aluminum.

The Insight is probably just as good as the Streamlight...six of one/half dozen of the other. :ugh2:

E

EP1985

I like the surefire's i thought they were really expensive tho. I have also seen some glock lights used for $50 i heard they were not as good or as bright as surefire though

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
X-300 if you can find it in your price range, or the aforementioned TLR-1. I wouldn't use anything else at this point. I have two X-300's and one TLR-1.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along this topic line, for the first time ever I'm considering a tactical weapons light so I can enter a new theater of operations. Kidding. Seriously though, I would like a high quality light to mount on an AR and I don't want Chinese crap. What are my choices since I'm a total rookie on this stuff? If it's quality I don't mind paying the price if it is made in America. It'll be going on a Colt. Colt doesn't speak Chinese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom