Taiwanese M16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HG looks weird. Do china have to register to manufacture M16? US was the first one invented M16 if I remember correctly. I would be a stolen idea and violated copy right.

Contrary to popular belief laws set in the US only apply in the US other countries don't have to adhere to them, nor is there anything a US based company could do to a non US based company except try to sue them on their own country, which typically wont fly

MeanderingBeing

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taiwanese M16 is known as (originally) the Type 65, a later model is called the Type 75. The original two were largely based upon the orignial M16, and some would say that the 75 is an outright rip-off. If I recall correctly, they bought the rights to manufacture their own, and is currently being produced by Hsing Hua arsenal. Production started in... mid 1970s? I think...

In the mid 80s, another model was produced, the Type 86 (I'm guessing thats the year), that was closer to the M4. A few differences are that the forend is reconfigured, and a 100-rd c-mag is available...

As far as operation goes, I do not know anything on the matter, but I would say that it is safe to assume that it is either the same or similar.

CHEERS!

EDIT: Why does that bottom picture have an M14 in it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom