Tapco AK 74 style muzzle brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased a tapco ak 74 style brake for my AKMS to replace the slant brake that was on it. When I went to thread it on I screwed it all the way down snug and it was just shy of reaching the detent pin on the last rotation to be in the correct orientation. When I backed it off 3/4 of a turn for the detent to match up to the slot it feels just a little loose, nothing horrible just a little wobble. So is it normal for there to be a little play in the brake or is there a fix to tighten it up?

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased a tapco ak 74 style brake for my AKMS to replace the slant brake that was on it. When I went to thread it on I screwed it all the way down snug and it was just shy of reaching the detent pin on the last rotation to be in the correct orientation. When I backed it off 3/4 of a turn for the detent to match up to the slot it feels just a little loose, nothing horrible just a little wobble. So is it normal for there to be a little play in the brake or is there a fix to tighten it up?

Easy fix...and common! File the bottom of the brake. File SLOWLY and stop often to check for fit. If you do it right, it will hit the detent PERFECTLY and remain tight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom