Taurus PT145PRO Safety Key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not get one with the gun as I got the gun used. I have contacted Taurus to see about getting a replacement safety lock key and they are on back order and don't know when they will be getting any in and I was wondering if there is anyone here that may have an extra one that I could purchase. From what I have been told, only a Taurus key will work on a Taurus. I have been to H&H, called 'The Other Gun Range', called Bass Pro, Academy, Kings Pawn and they all say the same, call Taurus. Called them and they are out and don't know when they will be getting any. As per the title, it is a Taurus Millenium PT145PRO. Thanks folks.

Don

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see any point in it, so I didn't worry about the key. I think it's supposed to be for extra safety when being shipped, etc.? If it's unloaded, it's unloaded, so I see no real need for it.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I like having everything for a gun, or whatever I have, that should be with it, not just for safety. If I buy a motorcycle, I like to have the original tool kit, a camera, the original lens cap. Just my personal preference. PM's sent. Thanks guys.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a key on the way guys. Thanks to all who responded, and pm'ed. There is always an OSA member willing to help out, and that is what makes this site, and it's members, awesome.