Tell me where you buy cast bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hes looking for wadcutters. Thats a semi-wadcutter. Big difference.

Yup. I'd like to load up some light wadcutters because I have lots of practice to do with my Airweight J-frame and light target loads...they're not pleasant, but they're less unpleasant.

I found a company called Precision Delta that has a pretty good deal on swaged hollow-base wadcutters. Anyone have any experience ordering from them? The Google knowledge machine says they were backordered to hell and back until a few months ago but now they're moving stuff in a timely fashion.

I'll still probably order my cast bullets for 9mm from J&K, since their prices are pretty good. Dear J&K: please make some .358" DEWC bullets so I can give you more business.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup.

I found a company called Precision Delta that has a pretty good deal on swaged hollow-base wadcutters. Anyone have any experience ordering from them? The Google knowledge machine says they were backordered to hell and back until a few months ago but now they're moving stuff in a timely fashion.

I'll still probably order my cast bullets for 9mm from J&K, since their prices are pretty good. Dear J&K: please make some .358" DEWC bullets so I can give you more business.

Precision Delta makes good stuff. Lots of PPC shooters use and endorse them.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. I'd like to load up some light wadcutters because I have lots of practice to do with my Airweight J-frame and light target loads...they're not pleasant, but they're less unpleasant.

Why so specifically wadcutters? You can load SWC light also, and they too make a clean hole in paper.

Just curious.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SWCs dont make near the clean hole a wadcutter makes. There is a reason the HBWC still prevails in PPC and Bullseye shooting. The hole can make the difference between a win and loss.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
True, but the SWC hole is clean enough to be seen easily at J-frame practice distances. Which is why I was curious, if all he's wanting is a light load for more trigger time with his J, why so specific on the bullet?

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is very true, and were I in his shoes, Id probably go with the 125gr LRNFP bullets from JK. If there is no need for ultimate score, the RN and SWC bullets are much easier to deal with in all aspects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom