Preferred Brand for Hard Cast Cowboy Bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been buying Xtreme Bullets hard cast bullets for my .45 LC cowboy loads for quite a while. I think they were cheapest at one time or they were always at H&H so I just stuck with them I guess. Their prices have crept up over the years but I figured so did everyone else's.

I need to buy more and just came across Missouri Bullet Company and noticed they make similar bullets but much cheaper and with more options. I've never tried Missouri Bullets before or any other brand out there.

A 500 count box of 200 gr. and 500 ct. of 250 gr. in the shopping cart with shipping at both online stores is $167.94 at Xtreme and $117.50 at Missouri. To be fair, Xtreme is showing taxes and Missouri Bullet Co doesn't show taxes at checkout. Still, that is a substantial price difference. Xtreme Bullets are always excellent quality in my experience. How are Missouri's?

So, has anyone had experience with both of these to know which is a better value bullet? Or perhaps have a preferred brand you go to? I'm not shooting matches or anything, just plinking steel for fun.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought from MBC in the past but has been a few years back and never had a problem with them still have some sitting on the shelf that i havent got around to using since i started doing my own.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Missouri bullets is good

SnS is good for powder coated

I buy the majority of mine from Egglestons

have used and have all 3. no complaints with any of them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I always get SNS Casting. They've always had good pricing and have always been responsive and have been the nicest people on the phone.

I'll order from Oregon Trail as well...waitlist for them but they always deliver within a month ish. Really good bullets and pricing.

I'll add, that I've had MBC orders in the cart but haven't pulled the trigger because of loyalty to the above, but I might have to order some.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom