Termites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have Terminix pest control for my house. Today was the annual termite inspection. I have seen termites in our yard fence, but no signs in the house. Will be replacing the fence within months. They have a $25 monthly termite service, and the inspector got me thinking about damage, hassle and, money of an infestation. How big of a threat are they for the average homeowner, and is 25 a month worth it when they have a supposed warranty on their service.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the money isn't a deal killer I would do it. I use a mom and pop service, they come when I call and charge about $250. I call them about every other year. I did have termites and they got them killed out with one treatment. Using something like Termidoor.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Termites are worse here in OK than most other places.

Usually after a treatment you pay annually to keep up a contract. They come out to check your place once a year and treat if needed and should have a warranty against any damage.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ended up paying about $2k for a minor infestation with full treatment where they drill cores all around the house, through concrete and all. And we have the ongoing upkeep plan.

Scared me silly to have termites in the house - those critters can literally eat you out of house and home, and QUICK.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Termites aren't really that bad from what I've read. Takes a long time for them to do any real damage. But Termidor will take care of them since the government banned
the really good stuff years ago.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ended up paying about $2k for a minor infestation with full treatment where they drill cores all around the house, through concrete and all. And we have the ongoing upkeep plan.

Scared me silly to have termites in the house - those critters can literally eat you out of house and home, and QUICK.

Same here, through orkin. The worst part was I had to pull up the carpet for them and cut it at a transition, but other than that cut I can't even tell they were there. Saw them for two weeks after the service, and not since. It has been several months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, through orkin. The worst part was I had to pull up the carpet for them and cut it at a transition, but other than that cut I can't even tell they were there. Saw them for two weeks after the service, and not since. It has been several months now.

That's who we used... I think they do inspections quarterly? I'd have to ask my wife which would entail getting my fat arse out of this chair - which ain't hap'nin' right about now.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's who we used... I think they do inspections quarterly? I'd have to ask my wife which would entail getting my fat arse out of this chair - which ain't hap'nin' right about now.

I don't remember anything about quarterly, just the annual visit/refill on the outside units, escalated if evidence of re-infestation is found...

Latest posts

Top Bottom