Texas has required number of signatures 25,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So geography is the determining factor in whether a populace has the right for self-determination. Thanks for the enlightenment. So what the Founding Fathers meant to say in the Declaration of Independence was...

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security*...."

*but only when you are separated by an ocean and have other world or regional powers supporting your cause

This does not mean run away and form another country. Let me give you another quote.

“These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.”
― Thomas Paine, The American Crisis

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could argue about something productive here, like how many Texans can two-step on the head of a pin. Now there's an proposition a real man can get his teeth into.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread keeps delivering. Now our Constitutional internet warriors are comparing themselves to the Colonists and the Revolution! Brilliant.

Yes; 25K non-binding signatures on the internet is exactly like the American Revolution.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was a compare and contrast of a real revolution vs an internet sesession gimmick.

Historically speaking i doubt this "great Texas internet revolution" will ever be documented.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is, without a doubt, the most historically significant "gTir" to occur in the last 20 minutes or so. It will go down thru the anals of history as just a load of crap.

I bet most "gTir" threads on the interwebz are dying a slow death. I wonder how many supporters were banned in vain or "BIV"?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a compare and contrast of a real revolution vs an internet sesession gimmick.

No, some of them actually think that clicking "Submit" on an internet petition form is akin to our forefathers taking real and substantial action to separate themselves from a geographically, generationally and ideologically distant entity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom