Thanks, Murphy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot TDSA's oustanding AP1 class this weekend. More on that later...

Got home about an hour ago. Cleaned/lubed my M&P. Reassembled and work the action. Hear a snap and hear something small hit the floor. Work the action, squeeze the trigger -- nothing. :scratch:

Striker is broke clean off at the joint. It happened literally the next time I cocked the gun after shooting the class. Thanks for waiting until I got home, Mr. Murphy, ya bastard.

:Heya:

Carry on.

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot TDSA's oustanding AP1 class this weekend. More on that later...

Got home about an hour ago. Cleaned/lubed my M&P. Reassembled and work the action. Hear a snap and hear something small hit the floor. Work the action, squeeze the trigger -- nothing. :scratch:

Striker is broke clean off at the joint. It happened literally the next time I cocked the gun after shooting the class. Thanks for waiting until I got home, Mr. Murphy, ya bastard.

:Heya:

Carry on.

Wanna sell it yet? ;)

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you dry fired it much without snap caps?

M&Ps are known to break strikers during dry fire without snap caps. I think S&W is on their 5th or 6th striker revision to fix this problem. Supposedly the current design tested to 70,000 dryfires without breaking.

From what I have read there haven't been any strikers break during live fire.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't that class a BLAST!!!!

Even in 90+ degree heat it was worth every penny I spent.

Want to learn how to drive a rifle? I can't recommend their Urban Rifle/Tac Carbine 1 enough. It mad a huge difference in my rifle skills.

TDSA is an outstanding group to train with.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lemme know how it turns out with s&w... just wondering what their turn around is to fix it... it sure would suck if they messed up that purdy slide.

They're sending me a new striker, no questions asked, but I'm ordering one from MidwayUSA anyways. BOTH are backordered. That's why I own two M&Ps, two ARs, etc. Two is one, one is none.

Have you dry fired it much without snap caps?

M&Ps are known to break strikers during dry fire without snap caps. I think S&W is on their 5th or 6th striker revision to fix this problem. Supposedly the current design tested to 70,000 dryfires without breaking.

I've probably dry fired it 500 times. Put about 2,000 rounds through it total, probably had ~1,000 or less down it before it came into my possession. So not a lot, really...I like it enough to keep an extra striker or two on hand.

Want to learn how to drive a rifle? I can't recommend their Urban Rifle/Tac Carbine 1 enough. It mad a huge difference in my rifle skills.

I'm definitely signing up for the next one!

Buy a Glock..........:D

n00b! :doh:

Latest posts

Top Bottom