Thanksgiving dinner - oddball dishes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's too late, Food Pyramid in Ponca has them on occasion fresh in the jar on the end of the meat counter right next to the fresh meat display counter.
Fresh shucked with some horseradish/ketsup combo is the only way we eat them around here. Love those damned things.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was an interesting meal. I was overall pretty disappointed with alot of it, others seemed fine. My mother really liked the dressing and my wife really liked the gouda broccoli casserole. So... meh. I think I would have liked the dressing with some additional seasoning, but I don't know if I'll try it again to adjust things, ya know?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll probably get some oh yucks for this recipe but don't knock it unless you have tried it. It is my favorite.

http://www.pauladeen.com/oyster-dressing
My Grandma has been cooking that as far back as I can remember...60's era. She probably got it from her Mom (Granny). No idea how an oyster dressing recipe came to be in the KC area. Especially that long ago. But it is delicious!

Latest posts

Top Bottom