The ammunition that has gun owners drooling.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not impressed. Looks like mall ninja stuff, especially at the inflated prices people will ask for them. I will stick with what I currently have. Seems it would be hard to get consistent results in the real world.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about?

TITLE 21 § 1289.19 RESTRICTED BULLET AND BODY ARMOR DEFINED

As used in Sections 1289.20 through 1289.22 of this title and Section 2 of this act:

1. “Restricted bullet” means a round or elongated missile with a core of less than sixty percent (60%) lead and
having a fluorocarbon coating, which is designed to travel at a high velocity and is capable of penetrating body
armor; and

2. “.

You have a point here. New discussion in order.

If we use Californika compliant ammo, we are in violation of the law?
It would seem so, or any Barnes bullets that I use for hunting?

Good post!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ladies and gentleman of the jury, why did the defendant load his high capacity assault clip with this High-Powered *RIP*
cop killer bullet rather than a more conventional bullet that is only meant to scare people off?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about?

TITLE 21 § 1289.19 RESTRICTED BULLET AND BODY ARMOR DEFINED

As used in Sections 1289.20 through 1289.22 of this title and Section 2 of this act:

1. “Restricted bullet” means a round or elongated missile with a core of less than sixty percent (60%) lead and
having a fluorocarbon coating, which is designed to travel at a high velocity and is capable of penetrating body
armor; and

2. “Body armor” means a vest or shirt of ten (10) plies or more of bullet resistant material as defined by the Office
of Development, Testing and Dissemination, a division of the United States Department of Justice.
You're ignoring the "and having a fluorocarbon coating" clause, which you can't ignore. There's nothing illegal about lead-free rounds, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first all-copper round.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not painted black and still in production decades later? They should be so lucky. Winchester Ranger Ts are what I carry.
In addition to dropping the black paint, they redesigned the projectile jacket so the bullets no longer have the "talons" on expansion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom