The Arlo Guthrie concert was great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 32 year old daughter (damn I'm gittin' old!) had never heard of him, she enjoyed the concert as much as I did. If you can get there tomorrow night, do yourself a favor and go.

And, he autographed my harmonica!

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see Arlo years back with my parents. Even luckier to see Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer's set at the same festival before Dave died a year or so later.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration at the Brady tonight. I got to see Arlo on stage with a number of great performers. The Flaming Lips performance was certainly unique.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Woody Guthrie Centennial Celebration at the Brady tonight. I got to see Arlo on stage with a number of great performers.

I just walked in from the Woody Centennial as well, sol. Overall a great show with a lot of great performers. A few sound issues, but that's to be expected with so many changeups.

Was really cool to see Nora and especially Mary Jo there. Rosanne Cash sounded great. Arlo was funny as was expected. "You read my book?"..."No, I ate it!"

The Flaming Lips performance was certainly unique.

Ha, Wayne talking through the reverb mic had me laughing pretty hard. Weird as weird can be, and I think Woody would be proud.
I think Wayne was a bit sad he couldn't get everyone on their feet for Do You Realize. Last time I saw them, it was 2,000 people singing every word. Eclectic crowd tonight.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just walked in from the Woody Centennial as well, sol. Overall a great show with a lot of great performers. A few sound issues, but that's to be expected with so many changeups.

Was really cool to see Nora and especially Mary Jo there. Rosanne Cash sounded great. Arlo was funny as was expected. "You read my book?"..."No, I ate it!"

Ha, Wayne talking through the reverb mic had me laughing pretty hard. Weird as weird can be, and I think Woody would be proud.
I think Wayne was a bit sad he couldn't get everyone on their feet for Do You Realize. Last time I saw them, it was 2,000 people singing every word. Eclectic crowd tonight.

Agreed. I enjoyed Michael Wallis narration, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom