The Bible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to a news report I heard this morning, The Bible and The Vikings made the History Channel the most watched channel, cable or broadcast, on Sunday night.
The miniseries' two-hour cable network premiere was seen by 13.1 million viewers and scored a 3.3 rating among adults 18-49. That's more viewers and a higher demo rating than any show on the major broadcast networks last night and ranks as cable's most-watched entertainment telecast this year. If you include the show's repeat, the viewership rises to 14.8 million for the night.
-- http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/showbiz/tv/mark-burnett-the-bible-record-ratings-ew/

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recording it Wife was dead set on watching Red Widow tonight.

Then she was the only one! :pms2:

From TVBizWire:
Third-place ABC got bad news with the two-hour series premiere of “Red Widow,” which managed only a1.4 in viewers 18-49 -- 36% below the 2.2 delivered by the “GCB” series premiere a year ago and 33% off from a 2.1 for “666 Park Avenue’s” series premiere back in September.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far I'm disappointed in the show, too chopped up and not covering important events like Isaac and Jacobs time. I'm sure it's all about money and production time.

They only have 10 hours to cover the entire Bible. So they are doing 5 hours of the OT and 5 hours of the NT. For the amount of time they have I think they are doing a good job.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm watching it and it's been good so far. I can't believe they left out Moses turning the staff into a serpent, that is one of the most famous parts of the original movie, and of the Bible. I was glad to hear it had the number 1 rating, there are some people who it wouldn't hurt watching it.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's been pretty good so far. You have to take it for what it is. Its like a Bible thats a paraphrase - like The Message. It's not a literal translation but you can still get use out of it.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight's show is very much worth watching. Have been studying Saul in bible study the past 2 month's and it's nice to see the theatrical version and how it compares to the bible verses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom