The fastest car ever made: Koenigsegg reaches 284.5MPH in record-breaking run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5054365/Koenigsegg-Agera-RS-world-s-fastest-car.html
The fastest car ever made: Koenigsegg reaches 284.5MPH in record-breaking run on dead straight Nevada road
  • Koenigsegg Agera RS smashed the record for the world's fastest production car
  • Clocked an average speed of 277.9mph over two runs through the Nevada desert
  • Hit a top speed of 284.5mph, which is the fastest a production car has ever gone
  • Previous record was set by a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport in 2010 at 267.8mph
By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
Published: 08:44 EST, 6 November 2017 | Updated: 13:19 EST, 6 November 2017

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it is fast I hardly consider it a "production" car. A specialty car that the common man will never be able to afford, yes. Sure is cool though.:sunbath:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"common man" doesnt have the skill set to drive at those speeds so thats probably a good thing.

Pretty cool...wont be too long and we'll be at 300mph. (I'd still take a 240mph McLaren F1 over any of these new hyper cars)

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats crazy. Its also crazy that they found a road in the US that you can hit that speed on. I watched a thing about the Veyron and they had to go to Germany to hit those speeds.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats crazy. Its also crazy that they found a road in the US that you can hit that speed on. I watched a thing about the Veyron and they had to go to Germany to hit those speeds.

I've travel on a lot of Nevada's roads and it has the most desolate and long straight stretches of roads you will find anywhere. So much so that it can be a bit unsettling when you are traveling in the middle of winter with ice and snow on the ground. You can literally not see another car for a couple hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom