The Swiss are back!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do you guys think of these? I ask because I really don't know much about them and I have some interest in purchasing a WWI era rifle and wonder how they compare to the others in their price range...Enfield, Nagant, etc.?

How does the ammo compare?

The K31's are WWII era rifles that stayed on the front lines till the late 50's. The 1911's are WWI vintage. The K31's are probably the finest bolt type rifle ever produced, except for the K98 Mauser. You really have to hold one, operate the bolt, and if possible tear it down to really get a feel for the craftmansship that went into producing this work of art. The K31 compared to the Enfield or Nagant is to be considered top of the pile!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The K31's are WWII era rifles that stayed on the front lines till the late 50's. The 1911's are WWI vintage. The K31's are probably the finest bolt type rifle ever produced, except for the K98 Mauser. You really have to hold one, operate the bolt, and if possible tear it down to really get a feel for the craftmansship that went into producing this work of art. The K31 compared to the Enfield or Nagant is to be considered top of the pile!!

Yup, what he said. I've been chasing a nice one for about a year now. Just got it last week. Had a K98 and let it get away from me. I'll have another. The K31 is kind of unique in that it has a straight pull bolt, others out there also like the Styer Mann mod 95 that are avaiable now for bargain prices. Anyone interested in milsurps should have one of these K31's in thier collection.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
K31's are put together like Swiss watches. When you work the bolt mechanism, it's "snick, snick". Tear one down and it's piece by piece craftmanship. Even the internal cuts in the stock are precise. Their magazines are works of metal art.

No one can say for sure how this rifle would have held up to the mud and slush of a European battlefield. They may have been to close-toleranced to have been reliable in the mud and sand.

I can say with some assurance, you will like one on the target range. I think they are far better than K98's and compare very favorably with Swedish Mausers.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't be sorry. I've shot lots of them and even the beaters were good shooters. Don't worry to much about the appearance of the stocks. Most were kicked around by the swiss while they picked thier noses. You'll see all kinds of them with the buttstock all dented and scratched.