There was a cartoon on TV back in the 1990's called Captain Planet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was trying to teach children to be environmental. It made a caped super hero out to be a man who was a friend of Mother Earth.

I used to have disdain for the environmental movement. It meant automobiles were all cluttered up with emissions junk and there were all these pesky environmental laws. It meant more expensive cars, more DMV fees, higher repair bills, pesky emissions testing, money out of my pocket, taxpayer burden, higher energy costs, possible fines and inconvenience. My father in the 1970's would conveniently dump old motor oil into the drainage ditch along our property even in northern California. Back in 1990's "Left Coast", CA, you were viewed as lowly as a criminal for smoking cigarettes. But I digress. Back then in the 1970's, there weren't any smartphones or hidden cameras to snap photos and send them into the local enviro-Nazis. A lot of tattletales will snitch on you for having an unleashed dog in a city park. The cell phone era brought this type of policing about.

That said, I just hate to see litter lying all over the place.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen Littering is and the need to bring back the old Indian crying commercial i have never littered because of the meaning of that and usually pick up others when i can

Latest posts

Top Bottom