These are on sale at Battlehawk Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful engraving and hand checkering. I spotted a couple of overruns on the checkering which let me know it was done by hand, but that should have never passed QC for a 32K shotgun.
The design for loading is interesting but not very handy unless I missed something. Sure not going to use it in a 3 gun competition!
Something about a shotgun lends itself to engraving, which this firearm has had done. I'm not into custom engraving on a rifle or pistol unless it's for a presentation firearm.
I have a SXS that is custom engraved, even over the screw heads. It was done in such a way that you can't see the screw except for the slot that was incorporated into the engraving.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful engraving and hand checkering. I spotted a couple of overruns on the checkering which let me know it was done by hand, but that should have never passed QC for a 32K shotgun.
The design for loading is interesting but not very handy unless I missed something. Sure not going to use it in a 3 gun competition!
Something about a shotgun lends itself to engraving, which this firearm has had done. I'm not into custom engraving on a rifle or pistol unless it's for a presentation firearm.
I have a SXS that is custom engraved, even over the screw heads. It was done in such a way that you can't see the screw except for the slot that was incorporated into the engraving.
if it’s not a big hassle, I’d like to see the engraving over the screw. Never have seen one. How long ago was it done, if you know?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if it’s not a big hassle, I’d like to see the engraving over the screw. Never have seen one. How long ago was it done, if you know?
I’m out of town for a few days, but I’ll look around and see if I still have a pic of it.

Found this one of it in action. You can zoom in and see the engraving. I have some more close up somewhere.
49vnbNpHSoaFJzfvvN2IqA.jpeg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found the pics I was talking about.
Weatherby Althena D'italia, Grade II.
Three screws, clocked with the screw heads engraved.
Unfortunately Photobucket has their watermark on the pic.

IMG_1533.jpeg

Next is the receiver, one screw came loose and wasn’t properly clocked. It is now. 3” magnum loads tend to do that.

IMG_1534.jpeg

Last is another of my engraved shotguns. German Merkel.
Don’t have any close ups of it.

IMG_1535.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom