These will make you mad on a progressive!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknavy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sort my brass by manufacturer before loading. During my last clean-and-sort session, I found .45 Blazer with large primers and .45 Blazer with small primers.

Besides the size of the primer hole, I noticed a difference between the two. On the large primer brass, the bottom was completely flat. On the small primer brass, the bottom had a concave face, very similar to .45 CCI cases. Of note, the CCI concave brass uses large primers.

All the more reason to not drink beer during a reloading session.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain.

Looks like NT brass to me. Not a big deal on a progressive. Just remove it from the priming station and move on.

Just throw them in a bucket till you get a few hundred and load with small pistol primers.

I usually just squash them in a furious rage. Sometimes if I get a whole bunch I do it in Happy Gilmore fashion.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years I've heard a few times of SPP's in a .45acp but have never, ever seen them....till now of course. I'd pretty much chalked it up to legend but I believe it now. Thanks for the post and pics Shadowrider.

marvinvwinkle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too am new to reloading, and fortunately was told about Blazer brass although I have a bunch that is LPP. The last time I reloaded I needed one case to finish and spent almost a half hour trying to load it. It was a Win case and I finally stopped cussing the primer and looked to see that it was a SPP. Some people are hard headed and if I had listened to my loader it would have saved me a lot of time. I guess I'm lucky I didn't set one of the primers off. Lesson learned.:nolike:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, the joys of reloading when things don't stay "standard". 7.62 x 39 came in both large & small primer versions. Years ago, some .357 Magnums used a large primer.

Gotta roll with it and go on I guess!

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one WW NT 45ACP case, I tried hard to stick a LPP first and when it didn't fit I looked at it. I Googled it and came up as the lead free stuff.
Is there any place where I can buy lead free primers?
Lead primers is the reason I don't reload inside the house.
How do you guys deal with the lead and reloading inside?

Latest posts

Top Bottom