Nov 1, 2023, new laws introduced by the state legislature are now codified law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had more than one judge and lawman on the street tell me that ignorance of the law is not an excuse. So being the smart-arse that I used to be asked the judge holding court over my innocent plea to a ticket for excessive noise because of the glass packs on the 375 hp 390 CI 66 Ford GT to repeat by memory every individual segment of the excessive noise law so the courtroom could know that his comments were true and verified. ( I had memorized most before court).
He literally exploded on the bench offering to just about send me up for a life sentence before a bailiff got him calmed down.
I was order to sit down and the judge would meet me in the parking lot after court to recommend judgment.
Of course, he dismissed it with a few bucks for court costs that was paid.
So, now class here is your new homework assignment. These are the bills that are now law as of Nov 1 in the state of Ok for you to memorize so you’re not ignorant of the law.
All 10 pages.

https://kfor.com/wp-content/uploads...zdXlzV3A3dUR0bXhYQ21VOXJTV2FVNHd6aGhpTU9uYg..

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
SB827.....why would a prescription be needed for nonprescription meds? Insurance? I didn't read the bill, just struck me as odd lol

Screenshot_20231101_224307_Drive.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some firearm laws that have changed to favor gun owners. None negative I can see.
Edit: SB-298 Transfer on death deeds is a plus as well when a family member with large property dies.

IMG_2253.png

Last edited:

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I moved here 22 years ago- the fact i had to pay tax on entire new car price when trading one in just ticked me off.... this one is good if you are trading a car in when buying... might hinder some individual sales and push more to trade vehicles in versus sell out right. but at the end of the day- save tax dollars on purchase if you trade in.
pay tax on the actual amount net. bill 984
sales tax on vehicle purchases: If you are trading in a vehicle when purchasing a new car, sales tax will now be calculated based only on the difference between the value of the trade-in and the actual purchase price of the new vehicle.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I moved here 22 years ago- the fact i had to pay tax on entire new car price when trading one in just ticked me off.... this one is good if you are trading a car in when buying... might hinder some individual sales and push more to trade vehicles in versus sell out right. but at the end of the day- save tax dollars on purchase if you trade in.
pay tax on the actual amount net. bill 984
sales tax on vehicle purchases: If you are trading in a vehicle when purchasing a new car, sales tax will now be calculated based only on the difference between the value of the trade-in and the actual purchase price of the new vehicle.

I was shocked by that as well when I moved here. Pretty much traded one vehicle for another straight across and was hit with a $1k tax bill when I went to register it. Nothing like taxing you twice for the same vehicle...

I'm glad to see this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom