Thinking about an AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and got me 2 Spike's Tactical Punisher lowers from Sooner. One to build for my brother and myself. I'm stoked on building an AR. =P

Good deal, I would like to toss in not to get too hung up on one brand over another due to the name. A lot of the "manufacturer's" are subbing out the work to other companies I believe Spikes subbs to Aero Precision and Surplus Arms is another one that I have been told subs with Aero. I have a Surplus arms Lower that I bought stripped and got a free stripped upper with a barrel I picked up through them. When building your own deals are readily available if you look for them or ask some others what is available.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good deal, I would like to toss in not to get too hung up on one brand over another due to the name. A lot of the "manufacturer's" are subbing out the work to other companies I believe Spikes subbs to Aero Precision and Surplus Arms is another one that I have been told subs with Aero. I have a Surplus arms Lower that I bought stripped and got a free stripped upper with a barrel I picked up through them. When building your own deals are readily available if you look for them or ask some others what is available.

I didn't plan on sticking to a complete Spike's Tactical AR. I just went to Sooner's to pick up my SKS and saw the Punisher lowers and I thought they were too cool to pass up for the price. I plan on buying a PSA AR kit as that was what recommended to me and, after some research, they seem to be the best bang for the buck. =P

I just went strolling through another thread and stumbled upon this http://fatboytactical.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=498 or this http://fatboytactical.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=525. Is there really a difference between the two other than the front sight in the latter option?

It's a lot cheaper than PSA offers for the one I wanted to get (The M4 CMV) and it seems Fatboy is really popular on this board. Would I get the same quality from this kit as I would from PSA?

Last edited:

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of FBT ( they are just down the road from me.. that helps !) if your looking to save some $$ I would go with FBT on the parts I have a few of their uppers and lowers that I have put together and they have not let me down yet. The guys really stand behind their products and will help you out any time you need them. Now if you want to wait 15 years for your products to arrive from PSA then by all means go with them.:thumbup3:

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of FBT ( they are just down the road from me.. that helps !) if your looking to save some $$ I would go with FBT on the parts I have a few of their uppers and lowers that I have put together and they have not let me down yet. The guys really stand behind their products and will help you out any time you need them. Now if you want to wait 15 years for your products to arrive from PSA then by all means go with them.:thumbup3:

Sounds like I'll be joining the FBT fanbase, especially since they're locally owned and it seems they do good by their customers. What would you value more important? The RHGB or Sight Tower? Or does it even matter? Lol

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be joining the FBT fanbase, especially since they're locally owned and it seems they do good by their customers. What would you value more important? The RHGB or Sight Tower? Or does it even matter? Lol

I prefer flip up iron sights instead of the the A2 sight tower. I like to have unobstructed view thru optics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom