thinking of buying a used 6.0 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could take it to have it looked over before purchase? Hoping I can find a place that specializes in powerstroke or diesels.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about worst. Everyone has their downsides. The F-250 is more of a truck. The 6.0 is just really picky about the oil change intervals and doesn't do well with programmers turned all the way up(unless it is studded). That being said, I wouldn't buy one with over 180K, and I wouldn't pay near blue book on it. You need to take it on an extended test drive and get on it a couple of times, and then pop the hood and make sure it isn't pushing coolant through the degas bottle. Ask about the history of what has been replaced on it. I have two of them, and they have never let me down.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it has 193k on it. It is a f250 king ranch. 6in lift. New wheels and tires. Has $17k in receipts that he showed me. All done in the last for months. All new injectors, new heads, stufs and a bunch of other stuff I dont know much about. I have an 07 nrw body style chevy 4x4 that has a 6in procomp lift with 35s. Mine has 120k miles on it. I am tired of thos weak little 5.3 with actuve fuel management. It is pretty gutless.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a work truck with 6.0 in it, had its third complete engine in it at 34,000 miles. Feel sorry tor who owns it now, my personal truck has a 7.3 with 208,000 moles and still going strong

Latest posts

Top Bottom