This is Another Reason to End Qualified Immunity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another “just followed orders” moment in time.
Right? Not even trying to hide the fact that it's enforcement for politics. Chick had a ticket, and I do believe a First Amendment right.

I'm 100% sure I would disagree with most of her views, but this shows where the real "snowflakes" are.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right? Not even trying to hide the fact that it's enforcement for politics. Chick had a ticket, and I do believe a First Amendment right.

I'm 100% sure I would disagree with most of her views, but this shows where the real "snowflakes" are.

If a ticket is required, it is not a public event. It's private and she was essentially "trespassed' by the event holder or "business owner". She knew what she was doing when she did it. I understand it may be cheaper or easier to settle it, and this is Tulsa we are talking about, but if she was in fact inside the fenced in area of the event that required the use of her ticket, and going through security, I think I would fight it if it were up to me. It would be like 7-11 or target removing someone for wearing something inappropriate in their store. Or better yet, all the folks that get removed from Disneyworld for how they dress.

Now, if she were outside the fence, or in line to redeem her ticket, hadnt made it to security, then absolutely she has a case. Details matter in the eyes of the law.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a ticket is required, it is not a public event. It's private and she was essentially "trespassed' by the event holder or "business owner". She knew what she was doing when she did it. I understand it may be cheaper or easier to settle it, and this is Tulsa we are talking about, but if she was in fact inside the fenced in area of the event that required the use of her ticket, and going through security, I think I would fight it if it were up to me. It would be like 7-11 or target removing someone for wearing something inappropriate in their store. Or better yet, all the folks that get removed from Disneyworld for how they dress.

Now, if she were outside the fence, or in line to redeem her ticket, hadnt made it to security, then absolutely she has a case. Details matter in the eyes of the law.
She was charged with "obstruction" (a common charge for officers to use whenever subjects don't comply as they ought). Detained.

Charges were dropped.

So exactly how would you "fight" it?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smolen got Tulsa county for 80 million...... so there's some pucker factor there when he's involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom