This is just an observation; granted its probably viewed as completely racist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
200 hrs per year is an average

If on a project it can reach into 900 or so.
I can produce proof if any wants to call BS.

I'm with you, I work a lot of overtime myself, over 1600hrs last year (60-110hr weeks) Hell I haven't worked a 40hr week in 20 years. You want to know who we find lazy in the oilfield? Young kids that are taught that the world "owe's" them something, white, black, hispanic, asian, it doesn't matter.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you, I work a lot of overtime myself, over 1600hrs last year (60-110hr weeks) Hell I haven't worked a 40hr week in 20 years. You want to know who we find lazy in the oilfield? Young kids that are taught that the world "owe's" them something, white, black, hispanic, asian, it doesn't matter.

Yeah I'm with you on the younger generation. It really ticks me off when I'm up in the air and need a part or tool, when I look down for assistance they are usually talking or texting on their cell phone or nowhere to be found. I feel like I should say "Excuse me But if it's not too much trouble could you................".

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to agree with Scamp. Too many of the younger people seem to have the "you owe me attitude". I've been in my job for 31 years. When I started you couldn't even sit on a bucket for morning or afternoon break. Now we have younger guys that hired in and they sit around most of the day doing crossword puzzles. It doesn't matter what race they are.Younger people today have had too much given to them and few have earned it. Sometimes one of them will get fired and the union gets their job back for them. So then they come back thinking "I can't get fired" and then they are more worthless. I read an article on temp agencys once that quoted the manager saying " Most people that call for help ask for someone over 45". The culture is the problem.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to agree with Scamp. Too many of the younger people seem to have the "you owe me attitude". I've been in my job for 31 years. When I started you couldn't even sit on a bucket for morning or afternoon break. Now we have younger guys that hired in and they sit around most of the day doing crossword puzzles. It doesn't matter what race they are.Younger people today have had too much given to them and few have earned it. Sometimes one of them will get fired and the union gets their job back for them. So then they come back thinking "I can't get fired" and then they are more worthless. I read an article on temp agencys once that quoted the manager saying " Most people that call for help ask for someone over 45". The culture is the problem.

Wait....so the union keeps the worthless employees on the job and that makes them even more worthless?

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn kids

ai.imgur.com_Qjl8F.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom