This little piggy went weee weee weee all the way to the back of the truck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked one of my traps this morning and had three volunteers in there to go to the freezer. Good eaters, 2 bout 60 lbs and one around 80. The bigger of the three seemed to have a little different strain on it. Big high shoulders, low scrawny butt and longer thicker hair. I've got three other traps that have been out for a couple of weeks and starting to get good traffic in them. I just have the doors wired open to let them come in and party as muuch as they want. If the traffic continues for a couple of more days I am going to set the trap and see what happens. Time to fire up the smoker and crack open a cold one!

Attachments

• IMG_0120a.jpg
    IMG_0120a.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 373

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got those south of town and west a little. They are pretty much everywhere down here. I have traps south, west, east and one north of town. Don't have to get very far out of the city limits either. I had pigs in this trap again twice this weekend, but the little porkers wouldn't trip the trigger. It is a hair trigger right in the middle of the back of the pen with creep feed and corn under it, but they ate all around it and never nudged it.

One of my traps out west is a figure 6 trap made out of two 5'x20' panels. I had it open for almost two weeks letting them come and go as they please. They were there about every other night. Then I closed the door on it and can't seem to get them to push back it back in. They hit it Friday night and again last night, looked like someone drug a plow around the trap, but they just wouldn't push the panel in to get in the trap. It pushes very easy and wouldn't take much at all to get in there, they are either leary of it, or something just ain't right. I stuck about a 6 inch stick in it to prop it open a little bit, the first thing that walks in will knock that stick out and it will close. Kind of thinking it will try and close on them and they will back on out. I can't keep the stupid deer out of it either, so they will probably be the ones to trip it. I would like to put a trail cam up on it just to watch the deer jump in and out. The panels are 5' high and they jump over it like it isn't even there. Aside from one that got hung on the top and bent it up a little, I would loved to have watched that! Jumping out I can comprehend, but when they jump IN the trap, they go from a 5 foot leap to locking up the brakes to not hit the opposite wall. I bet one or two of them have nose dived into the other side haha....

Latest posts

Top Bottom