Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only issues I ever had with a Mini-30 (or Mini-14 for that matter) is it wouldn't shoot the cheap, Russian ammo very well. 3 or 4 rounds from a 20 round mag wouldn't fire due to the hard primers, I guess. Only thing I can figure. It made a helluva dimple in the primer but wouldn't fire it. A second go around it usually would.

I have one of the newer tactical models and it shoots pretty doggone well...2" to 2.5" give or take a bit off a bench at 100 yds with American Eagle ammo. Maybe not match grade but it's sure good enough.

I think a lot of the accuracy issues with Minis have to do with the very crude front sight on the older models. They damn near completely cover a regular silhouette at 100 yds. The newer ones have sights that are much better. I have a RDS on the tactical and it works much better than the irons for me.

View attachment 359727
That’s a sharp looking stock. What make/model is it?

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that Ruger is finally making some design changes to the Mini in order to attract more of the AR fanbois. They still won't take AR mags but:

They are only offering them in black
They now come your choice of ribbed or sensually textured handguards
The grip is natural-feeling silicone
Slings are provided, all black leather with chrome studs
A free Spandex t-shirt is included with each purchase
And some scrunchies for your man bun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom