Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first encountered Minis back in the late 70s or early 80s they were just reliable truck guns that wouldn’t scare the chilluns or make the ladies faint. They were good for minute of coyote as far as you could see it in eastern OK. As long as the mag said Ruger on the bottom they’d feed and they had that vibe all our mud marine uncles spoke so fondly of. If you don’t ask it to be more than it is, I’d say it’s a fair knock off of its big brother and does it’s job well.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@OkieJoe72

If you look in the "New Member" forum for new member Leighanne she has a link to an auction house that has a nice Mini-14 up for sale. Bid is at $275 right now...might be worth keeping an eye on it. Looks like a 15% buyer premium though...so keep that in mind.

https://heardauction.hibid.com/lot/149207260/ruger--223-ranch-rifle?ref=catalog
I saw that, and yes I’m watching it. I’ve also got a lead on another one as well. Thanks for letting me know.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a Buy Now button for $275?

Asking for a friend. :D

Uh...no. My "friend" already tried that.

anim_coffee.gif

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh well...the 15% buyer's premium is a no go for me anyway. I'm too darn tight for that nonsense. :)

I quit doing auctions decades ago when they started that up.

I might pay it on that rifle if the winning bid was low enough. But that rarely happens with auctions. Of course, I won't bid and the dang thing will sell for $275.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I scratched the itch and came home with one a couple days ago. It wasn’t a steal of a price, but I got it for a price that I can live with. It’s a 580 series with a tapered barrel that shipped in 2017. I sent a few rounds through it yesterday, and overall I’m happy. I need to adjust the elevation a bit. One thing that I noticed were the dents that were put in the brass. I was a little concerned with that at first, but apparently it is a common issue. The only mystery that I’m try to figure out is the muzzle brake that was added. It has a little up and down slop to it. The muzzle brake looks identical to this one, but it’s only for pre 2005 mini’s.
https://www.johnmasen.com/Mini-14-Muzzle-Brake-p/1403b.htm
F39417AC-5CC8-4051-AA02-0AA0F1DF0B0C.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom