Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP is under no delusion about the Ruger and want outweighs practicality 'mini mini' times in lots of things we buy. I say scratch that itch.
Reading through the posts, I’m going back and forth between scratching like a stray dog or bathing in flea dip and forgetting about it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading through the posts, I’m going back and forth between scratching like a stray dog or bathing in flea dip and forgetting about it.
You probably have more self control than me, but if I get an itch for a particular gun, the only way to remedy it is to buy it. I’ll admit that the vast majority of the time I’m disappointed with the acquisition.:rolleyes2

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably have more self control than me, but if I get an itch for a particular gun, the only way to remedy it is to buy it. I’ll admit that the vast majority of the time I’m disappointed with the acquisition.:rolleyes2
I’d say my self control is somewhere around 2%. Looks like I’m going to scratch.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. Don’t let the naysayers rain on your parade, sadly some people spend their whole lives seeking out negatives. For me the Mini was a better fit for my needs. Never served in the military and grew up without ever firing an AR so when I broke down and finally bought one it just didn’t do it for me. The feel and operation are foreign and not intuitive for me in the least while the Mini is form, fit and function just like every other rifle I’ve ever fired. They are very reliable, dependable rifles and if drug through sand and mud they’ll still be ready to Rock and Roll. I also prefer the metal Ruger factory mags that just feel like they could take a beating and keep on ticking. Wonder what would happen if I ran over both a ProMag and a Ruger magazine with my 1990 F250? Another nice thing is that with the 1:9 twist they’ll shoot everything from 40-62 grain bullets just fine. I think once you spend a little time with one you’ll find the little carbines to be great guns and a hoot to shoot.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could scratch that itch with one of these:
RUGER Mini 14 for sale
RUGER MINI-14 for sale

Those are about right as far as price. I think I gave right around $500 each for the ones I have.

I really like them, but ya gotta know they are kind of a POS. As long as you understand what they are you wouldn’t be disappointed with one, at least I’m not, but I understand what they are and more importantly, are not.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d say my self control is somewhere around 2%. Looks like I’m going to scratch.
I’m currently looking at a Freedom Arms revolver that I absolutely don’t need, and I’ve been texting with a member on here who’s familiar with them. They’re evidently great guns, but I was able to talk myself out of it. However, the seller contacted me a couple days ago asking me to make an offer, so now I’m back to obsessing over it. The only thing really holding me back is that I’d have to drive almost 3 hours one way to pick it up. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom