Thoughts on survival prep Website advertising. Flashlight giveaway for your opinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay all, You probably all have know me by handle is you have been around here very long. I have recently started a company. That is how we are bringing you all the group buys. I hope you are all enjoying the gear we have been bringing you.

The question is, what do you guys think the best way to gain Customers would be? I need you all to think outside the box here. We are on facebook and giveaway gear monthly. But I am not sure that the cost of the gear is giving us enough payback on how many followers we have.

I am asking for a collective opinion here from the folks I share this great resource with. What would make it worth signing up to our website or our Facebook page to you?

What features would make it worth it to you personally?

I will even give away a E4 flashlight from our website www.planboutfitters.net for taking the time to share your opinion. you just pay shipping.

Here is a link to the EDC light we will give away.

http://www.planboutfitters.net/products/E4-EDC-AA-Light.html

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too long ago, there were some folks asking about Bug Out Bags, for example. I would build some examples using products you have to give folks like this some starting info.

YMMV

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is actually what I started the site for. We are going to sell ready to go BOB'S to people to busy to do the footwork or just dont want to. I know it is best to do the footwork on your own and know the gear inside and out but I think some people will never do it on their own but would buy something put together already.

Thanks for the suggestion though you will be added to the giveaway for this thread.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is something WAY out of the box. Try a farmer's market. Lot of preppers look for stuff to preserve there. Throw in some nitro packed buckets of staples as a draw. Might work.

The 'net is saturated with choices. Makes it tough to compete.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me I know. That is why I am looking for something to set us apart. We are doing good as it is but I want to be the leader of the pack so to speak. No Pun intended.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I Googled bug out bags and your company did not come up in the first five pages. You need to figure out how to get on page one or two of a Google search. You need to network so first I would join every gun club in the state of OK and become active and get on their BoD or an Officer of the club. You might also check out the environmental outdoors type clubs.
How about trying some radio spot advertising on Saturday mornings?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just took your web address an posted it in the information location on all the sites I belong to. 12 to be exact. Little free advertizing for ya, hope it pays off!!
Radio spots, maybe even a billboard rental on a main drag someplace around you. Get yourself a table at as many gunshow as you can handle. If your local paper will do it get a full page spread for the Saturday or Sunday edition.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is actually what I started the site for. We are going to sell ready to go BOB'S to people to busy to do the footwork or just dont want to. I know it is best to do the footwork on your own and know the gear inside and out but I think some people will never do it on their own but would buy something put together already.

Some people won't, but it'd still be cool to purchase a BOB with a few essentials already added, just to give people a head start.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say have a good bag, with say a wool blanket, a basic first aid kit, firestarter, etc.(a basic bag to be further customized by purchaser). Have you tried advertising in each town's local newspaper? like the moore american and the norman transcript for example.....hmmm I'll think overnight and maybe come up with some additional ideas, be them good or bad...
--Mech

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start advertising or sponsoring some sites that preppers like, but not necessarily dedicated to prepping. I have been reading Adrian's Undead Diary. A small ad on a esit like that, or there was an online graphic novel related to zombie's posted a while back, would probably get some attention. People following zombie story's are definitely going to be interested in BOB's. For what it's worth, I like Adrian's Undead Diary better than World War Z, and it definitely makes me think about being prepared. If a link for something was there, I would probably click it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom