Thoughts on survival prep Website advertising. Flashlight giveaway for your opinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
FIRST AID BAGS! Most people have no idea what to put in a first aid bag. My wife and I are struggling with that right now. We're just not sure what to put in there. A well (properly) loaded first aid BOB would be GREAT.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You said your business is on Facebook, yet I did not see that in your sig line or your post. Post that up. I am sure all of us here will "like" it. Then you have just reached all of our friends and so on.

I am a firm believer in "free" media for marketing. The word of mouth will get you a long way.

With that in mind, try to attend any LEO conferences in state and surrounding states and demo your equipment at booths at the conferences.

You might have to spend a little money to get on the front page of Google searches but it will be worth it.

Find some of the small town festivals and do stuff there.

So far all of the stuff you have done on group buys are great ideas.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you are thinking on the right track about outside the box. most people are giving examples that are inside the box...gun shows, police, gun and survival websites. most of those folks who would be interested in a bob, already have one. thats just my opinion though.

i think you need to go after the affluent, soccer mom types. thinking small local presence at first, then going global. figure out some way to get the attention of the busy soccer mom and let her know she needs a bob for her van with first aid kit, just incase something happens when they are out and about and get a boo-boo.

you can increase your facebook presence by doing a sweepstakes/promotion. wildfire is one of the more popular ways of promotion of fb. set one up, run it for a month. giveaway a nice bob.

youtube would be good too. most stuff is already reviewed to death, so skip that part. you might put together a video of different ways a person could set up their bob, or how they can have you build it for them. lay it all out and explain the importance of each item. of course, this is kind of not outside the box...soccer mom aint gonna be cruisin youtube for bobs; so there you are preaching to the choir again. but, its increasing presence and awareness, just like the gun show/police/gun-survival websites would.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Word of mouth from satisfied customers is the best advertisement you can have.

Mike, "Olyeller"
Steve "Cold Hand Arms"

Those are the first two that come to mind that have done a LOT with quality products and customer service and just a little advertising.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FIRST AID BAGS! Most people have no idea what to put in a first aid bag. My wife and I are struggling with that right now. We're just not sure what to put in there. A well (properly) loaded first aid BOB would be GREAT.

The problem I have run into with commercial FAKs is there is a lot of filler added to up the component count. You can build a useful kit based on your activities. This is where the lists come in handy as a sales guide. Build several pods based on type of activity.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another idea. This would be a totally different crowd than perhaps what you're used to, but a lot of the pro local, anti corporate, pro organic, pro crafting, hippy types are very open to prepping and even survival type gear and information, if presented the right way.

I live near the Paseo area, so I'm surrounded by hipsters and what most on this board would call "hippy" types. However, most of these people are perhaps better prepared than most people even on these boards. Many of these people are heavily involved with crafting, farming, reusing and repurposing items for other uses, ect. Many of these people are passionate about supporting local farmers, local crafters, local businesses, ect and are very tight knit and close with their communities. Many of the people I know are avid outdoors people and very interested in topics of self sustaining and being able to live off the grid if things go wrong, ect.

You can also attract soccer mom types by showing how things can be recycled or repurposed to be used in otherways or how they can save money if they gardened or canned their own food, ect. Present it in a way that is family friendly and show how even the kids can be involved and this can be a Sunday family activity, ect.

Tone down the SHTF talk and the zombie apocalypse at first and appeal to a more general audience and ease them into it. That's the best way to get the soccer moms or local communities who are already prepping "per say" but of a different kind.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. I have read each and everyone of them and will be chewing on all of them for the next several days. I will do the flashlight giveaway in the next few days.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your best friend is going to be the internet...you need to maximize the search engine in your favor. My wife does calligraphy and she spent a week updating her website and search engines to make her website to come up on the first page. She did this at least five years ago and its still paying off when someone googles calligraphy. If you have not already done so, read Guerilla Marketing. It will give you a lot of ideas on how to market and think outside the box. Its definitely worth the time and you can probably pick up a copy at your local library.

Here's an example article about how to optimize your website:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2149400_maximize-search-engine-placement.html

I had no idea you had a facebook page. Add that to your signature line and I'm sure a lot of OSA'rs will like your page.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just looked at your website. It looks nice but I didn't see where it mentioned your facebook page anywhere on there. ADD IT!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom