Thoughts while trying to sleep.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I woulda slapped that nurse on the ass before she left.
Seriously, glad you survived that ordeal.
Thank you. Still working at regaining as much as I can. Docs say I will probably always be on O2 but I have been cleared to start working light weights again and I am back to handling 40 pound bags with ease. Before all this it was 75 pound bales but I got to work to get back to that. I still get tired easy too. Mainly from being short of breath but I am not giving up. At least I do not walk out of my PJ bottoms anymore.
One I forgot to mention, when they moved me from ICU down to the next level they still had a catheter in me. Not comfortable but I could handle it OK. Few days later the doc decides he wants it removed but wants to increase my Lasix. Not a good idea since the urinal did not clip to the bed. Couple days later I was fed up and refused the Lasix unless I was on a catheter. The doc freaked out that someone dared refuse his orders. Oh well. Was not the last time we butted heads.
After awhile I decided I was ready to walk to the restroom. I made that OK but tried to stand up and straighten my sheets was to much. I hit the floor and had to crawl back to the restroom where I could reach the pull cord. Nurses come in to find a big mostly naked old fart on the floor. I think I gave them nightmares. :P

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember you having the severe cough and being in the hospital. I don't remember being aware of most of these details, glad you made it out alive! It sounds a lot worse than I realized at the time... but I remember you talking about how much it hurt to cough.

St. Francis has the highest percentage of pretty nurses of any hospital I've been in recently, and I've seen a few.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Rick, you really need to find some reason to do it. It's obvious that his dear wife took one for society. There is no way he should be allowed to roam the streets alone.

But, in spite of all that, and his collection of pics, he is a darn nice guy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Rick, you really need to find some reason to do it. It's obvious that his dear wife took one for society. There is no way he should be allowed to roam the streets alone.

But, in spite of all that, and his collection of pics, he is a darn nice guy.
ThaTGurl says my wife is a saint for putting up with me. May be right but she has not seen wifey's other side. :P

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An extended hospital stay, including some delirium, med induced confusion, and sense of panic can lead to some tense, if not comical situations.

I can relate to your situation, Rick.

Those, I'm the Dr and you dare to question me types really irk me.
I called the nurse in and told her to get PoS, immediately, I needed to whip his ass. He never came back.

I supposedly asked a cute, young nurse if my sponge bath included a happy ending? I was more than willing to reciprocate. It seemed I proposed several times, also
I don't remember it happening, but my bath became a box of cleansing wipes and bathing myself.

6 1/2 weeks, but remember very little.

Keep working, progress and full recovery is very slow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom