Threading a barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interested in having a M&P 15-22 barrel threaded for an imitation can [one from cheaper than dirt ,unless anyone has another sorce]. Is there anyone in the Tulsa area that does this & what should I expect to pay ?

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do a search for mechanical accuracy. Steve Baldwin (or Balwin I can't ever get it right) does threading.
Question, does the m&p not have a screw-off flash hider? is it a bull barrel or something? I don't remember.
If it's already 16" with whatever end, you can't cut it down with going NFA on it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
steve baldwin is the okc area. if it is not threaded already and you don't want to come up here, then http://www.hi-desertdog.com/ can do it. But those M&P's that I have seen have a flash suppresor, so it should just be a matter of taking it off and add the faux can. I would think anyway.

Baldwin Sights
Mechanical Accuracy Inc.
P.O. Box 971
111 E. Atlanta Street
Jones, Oklahoma 73049
(405) 399 - 2875

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might even consider selling it and getting a Colt AR-22. They have the same threaded barrel dimensions as a Walther P-22. You can buy an adapter to 1/2x28 for about $20. A standard real or Fake Can would just screw right on, then.

BTW...Threading is usually between $75 and $100.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom