THREE MORE BANKS - STOCK TRADES HALTED - PLUNGING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I don't feel like tracking it down, could someone explain what the trigger is to cause these large banks to go under here lately?
Largely I think its because of interest rate increases as well as further talks of another hike. People arent borrowing as much as a result and the banks suffer. Also possibly alot of loans that defaulted because the borrower cant pay it. I think I heard mortgage foreclosures are way up also.
I could be wrong though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Copied from google
"The most common cause of bank failure occurs when the value of the bank's assets falls to below the market value of the bank's liabilities, which are the bank's obligations to creditors and depositors".

I'm not smart enough to really understand that though.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I don't fully understand is how the banks put themselves in this position. What, they didn't realize that when rates go up their bonds go down?

No high level economists available to them?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I don't fully understand is how the banks put themselves in this position. What, they didn't realize that when rates go up their bonds go down?

No high level economists available to them?
They were available. They just were not required to consult them due to lack of over sight or deregulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom