Three of Five Oklahoma Representatives Vote For Red Flag Language in HR1620 (Violence Against Women Act.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are wron
Found this Guns and Gadgets video in my "Recommended" queue on YT. 29 Republicans in the House voted for this bill, which would institute extremely liberal gun confiscation laws if passed in the senate.

Reps. Bice, Cole and Mullin all voted "YEA" on this bill. We need to Contact Sen. Inhof and Lankford to make sure they don't rubber stamp this bill and question the 60% of Oklahoma congresscritters who thought this was a good idea!

g on this post!!! Mullin votes Nay Lucas votes Yay!!! Get your Story right!!

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure Lucas told the poster he didnt vote for this bill. Mullin will not be happy to hear Lucas switched their names on a live forum. Pretty Weak and inconsiderate. Lucas is toast next election! Lucas got booted off of the Farm Committee which is Weak. Why i s he there now?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are wron

g on this post!!! Mullin votes Nay Lucas votes Yay!!! Get your Story right!!
Lucas Cole Bice votes Yes on taking our guns away!!! Mullin and Hern Votes Nay!! Lucas Bice Cole need to move ro California so Pelosi can have them watering her garden.
I am sure Lucas told the poster he didnt vote for this bill. Mullin will not be happy to hear Lucas switched their names on a live forum. Pretty Weak and inconsiderate. Lucas is toast next election! Lucas got booted off of the Farm Committee which is Weak. Why i s he there now?
HonkyCat, you are confusing the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) with the Violence Against Women Act. Even the article you posted said the vote it referenced was the NDAA. Jared's information, as well as mine, comes from official sources, not interviews with the representatives, since the votes in the House and Senate are recorded and publically available. I went to Govtrack and found this chart showing "Statistically Notable Votes." Those are votes that are surprising due to the anticipated vote for individual representatives.
HR1620 vote.jpg

The moral of the story: Make sure you know what bill you're talking about before you say anything.

Tracy O

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found this Guns and Gadgets video in my "Recommended" queue on YT. 29 Republicans in the House voted for this bill, which would institute extremely liberal gun confiscation laws if passed in the senate.

Reps. Bice, Cole and Mullin all voted "YEA" on this bill. We need to Contact Sen. Inhof and Lankford to make sure they don't rubber stamp this bill and question the 60% of Oklahoma congresscritters who thought this was a good idea!

I'm in Mullins district, I'm gonna send him a stern letter.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do nothing and see where that may get you. They are elected officials. If we don't complain they vote the way they want to. They are obsessed with re=election. Make it hard for them.
Inhof is in his last term.
Strongly agree. Been sitting on my email from Ms. Bice explaining why she voted for NDAA, and sent this to her today, once I calmed down enough to explicate my reasoning:

Ms. Bice,

I have been watching our 2nd Amendment rights being eroded by poorly considered legislation since I was 13 years old. I'm 66 now. Essentially, what you voted for was to restrict the rights of my brothers and sisters who are still under arms in the active duty military. This, to me, is no less an assault on our civil rights than the similar provision currently in the VAWA, or the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021 (H.R. 1620). You should have voted against The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) until those restrictions were removed, just as I expect you to vote against VAWA. Do not compromise my civil rights, or those of my fellow citizens and brothers and sisters in the military, if you want to get my vote when next you're up for re-election. And do not think that I'm the only person who feels this way. If you want to be my representative, BE my representative. That means that you work unceasingly to protect and defend my rights. Not fritter them away because you are willing to compromise them. I am not asking you to do anything I don't expect of the other folks who represent me, and my family, and especially my extended Family. That would be the people of the United States, and includes all those who serve or have served in the military. It does them little good to allow that erosion of civil rights to continue. And I would much rather have every dime of my income stopped than have my rights continue to be eroded. I am one of those retired military, I wish to remind you of the plain meaning of the 2nd Amendment. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed. "Well regulated" in context meant and means well trained and equipped. And those citizens who make up the Militia were expected to provide their own military-grade arms and ammunition. The part that Congress seems to have the most trouble with, however, is the "shall not be infringed." I wish you would understand that, and vote accordingly. If you cannot, then I will not only not be voting for you, but I will actively work against you. The choice is yours.

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

ONLY to be told that I can't reply to her emails to me. So I used the contact page on her site to resend it. I'm about to send the same info attached to a GOA mailing on VAWA.

Bill

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HonkyCat, you are confusing the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) with the Violence Against Women Act. Even the article you posted said the vote it referenced was the NDAA. Jared's information, as well as mine, comes from official sources, not interviews with the representatives, since the votes in the House and Senate are recorded and publically available. I went to Govtrack and found this chart showing "Statistically Notable Votes." Those are votes that are surprising due to the anticipated vote for individual representatives.
View attachment 227261
The moral of the story: Make sure you know what bill you're talking about before you say anything.
I looked the bill they were referring to up in the voting records. All three votes yay. Mullin and Hern voted nay. I saw it with my own eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom