Three Rivers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I found a hunting partner. So, hopefully the trip is on. Which leads me to a follow-up question:

Has anyone camped here when hunting? Did you have any issues? Or does anyone foresee any issues?

There is no better place to camp! It is the best primitive camping in the State. There is a fire station of Cloudy Rd that used to do a chili dinner the Friday before opening morning. Didn't notice the signs last year but I got up there late Thursday night and it was pouring rain. This is the first year I'll probably have to do a solo trip.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely won't! At least if I fail at hunting again, I will still have fun camping!!

We always have a good time down there. Like others have said, hunt the hardwood draws. I try and get off the road as far as I can. I never had much luck in the clear cuts, that is where you see most of the road hunters.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We always have a good time down there. Like others have said, hunt the hardwood draws. I try and get off the road as far as I can. I never had much luck in the clear cuts, that is where you see most of the road hunters.

Amen! There are some really nice deer taken every year down there. It is just fun all around. I would recommend a compass and map if you go off the beaten path pretty far. It can get thick down there and easy to get turned around. Cell coverage is spotty so gps in map apps don't always work.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great time down there. Didn't get a deer though. Saw a bunch of does (8) the day after antlerless ended. I found some huge bedding areas, but just wasn't experienced enough to know how to take advantage of that I guess. The camping was great, I will definitely be going back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom