Times are tuff, but

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes people just get tired of living. Could have chosen a better spot to do it though. Sad part is, most people who are serious about suicide don't tell anyone about their plans. The ones who speak up most often are just lonely looking for attention. I read mydeathspace.com and it would amaze you the number of people who kill themselves and the people closest to them never had a clue and their lives seemed perfect on the outside.

It's almost impossible to know the nightmares in one's head.

http://mydeathspace.com/article-list.aspx?q=suicide

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree times are tough. I have been offered two jobs since getting out of the Navy and have been disquailifed for both of them on the physical. They are not even hard jobs. They physical stops at "Your a little young to be retired!" I think I am going to throw away my retired military id. It is doing more harm than good I think!

What line of work are you looking at? I know some resume takin' folks. Let me know if I can help.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes people just get tired of living. Could have chosen a better spot to do it though. Sad part is, most people who are serious about suicide don't tell anyone about their plans. The ones who speak up most often are just lonely looking for attention. I read mydeathspace.com and it would amaze you the number of people who kill themselves and the people closest to them never had a clue and their lives seemed perfect on the outside.

It's almost impossible to know the nightmares in one's head.

http://mydeathspace.com/article-list.aspx?q=suicide

Yep ...

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i herd someone at american airlines on mingo, took their final breath with their 357 to their head yesterday. please, if things seem so bad that this is the best way to deal with them; talk to someone, whatever it is, there is nothing bad enough to hurt yourself and your family.

This person was a former coworker of mine. I found out today from someone else about it. So sad, so final.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree times are tough. I have been offered two jobs since getting out of the Navy and have been disquailifed for both of them on the physical. They are not even hard jobs. They physical stops at "Your a little young to be retired!" I think I am going to throw away my retired military id. It is doing more harm than good I think!

That sounds like reverse-age discrimination to me...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This person was a former coworker of mine. I found out today from someone else about it. So sad, so final.

I am so sorry to hear that. Several years ago a co-worker of mine committed suicide. Although I was not close to her, she worked in the same office I did and it makes you wonder about all the "what-ifs" ... It is truly odd how the mind works ... both in those who decide suicide is their only (or best) course of action and the ones, no matter how brief or seemingly insignificant the relationship, they leave behind. I truly hope the peace that alluded them here is theirs now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom