Tinnitus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had it about 10 years. Doctor asked me if I shot a lot in my youth without hearing protection and right handed. I said yes to both. Recently the right ear also rings for a few seconds, then thankfully goes away.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the males in my family have it. I now have hearing aids but they don't help the tinnitus. Hough Institute is doing trials on a pill that is supposed to help the nerves grow back but it looks like 4 or 5 years before it may be released to the public.
If they call Tinnitus a symptom of the Corna virus we could have that pill tomorrow. We don't need no stinkin clinical trials.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
If tinnitus were caused by a virus or bacteria, we'd likely already had a cure decades ago. But it's not. It's physical damage to the tiny fibers inside the ear and no one has figured out how to repair them yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had service connected tinnitus and hearing loss since the Army days in the early 70's.
It doesn't get better, just worse over the years. The hearing aids help during the day to alleviate the high pitch ringing but at night, there is no help. I've learned to live with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom