Tinnitus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the dreaded ringing tone in my right rear for I can't remember how many years now. At least 10 years.
My wife can sit in the house & read a book or do other things in dead silence, & the second I come home, I have to turn the TV on,
She ask why I need to have the TV on all the time,
Well, I need the background noise so I don't hear just a tone that will drive me nuts.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father was diagnosed in his 50’s. Was a MM3c in the Navy in the Pacific theater in 44-46. Loud Engine rooms with no ear protection. Went to a lot of docs but nothing seemed to work. Slept with tv on at night.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got it too . . . I'm usually really good about wearing ear protection, but I guess it could've been exposed to some prolonged noise throughout the years to cause it.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the dreaded ringing tone in my right rear for I can't remember how many years now. At least 10 years.
My wife can sit in the house & read a book or do other things in dead silence, & the second I come home, I have to turn the TV on,
She ask why I need to have the TV on all the time,
Well, I need the background noise so I don't hear just a tone that will drive me nuts.
In the right "rear" hmmm

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My left ear is pretty bad these days. Between loud music and driving a convertible for years it got the brunt of things. I’ve gone from random high pitch squeals to static from louder sounds. Now I keep a set of earplugs in my car in case I roll the windows down on the highway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom