Tip of the day: Take non-horrific hunting pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
handlebar, don't you know that she's quite certain that the animals all just walk up freely from the wild to the back of the grocery store and drop dead of natural causes; then the butcher takes over. It's in their genes and altruistic nature to do this - haven't you seen the wild cows lined up back there?

Having said that, I had some *really* stupid uninformed ideas at age 15 - so let's give her a little break on the age / life experience thing.

But if she's real and not a troll, then she ought to know that "UNLESS you are a vegeterian, you have NO right to vocalize against hunting. If you walk the walk, and don't eat meat, then you have a bit of a credible podium to stand on (though not much)". Keep that in mind next time you smell the chicken enchiladas a-cookin at Ted's - you must resist at all costs, to maintain any shred of credibility on the issue. It's tough, but you might be able to do it! I myself am fasting for 48 hours plus until friday evening, to try to gain a bit of a Buddha/Zen type perspective. But I guaron I'm eating MEAT then!

By the way, the young gal, if she's still here, might be interested to note that I agree with her wholeheartedly on racing (of horses & dogs), circuses, and bullfighting. Those do indeed breed and engender cruelty, solely for the entertainment of humans. I'll be the first to sign the petition you stick under my nose on those. But hunting on the whole is a brutality-neutral proposition at worst, and helpful for the animals at best. I'd much rather see bambi die within a few minutes from my gunshot than to die over a period of hours on the side of the road after a DVC, gasping for breath - and DVCs are the natural result of curbing hunting. So being against hunting is actually being PRO-cruelty, to a very real extent. Remember, it's illegal to deliver a coup de gras from a gun to the animal dying on the side of the road following a DVC (unless it's season and you drag them off the road, I suppose). You'll discover later that you're wrong about hunting, though certainly SOME cruelty exists in hunting. On the whole, a lot less cruelty than the realistic alternative (banning hunting, which it appears you might advocate for) - not to mention disease that comes from overpopulation.

We really need an acronym for DVCs that includes other animals such as pigs, which are a problem some places, as are elk, etc. AVCs? (animal-vehicle-collisions?) UVCs? (ungulate?)

Having said all that, if your *assignment* is a debate-style essay - where you have to advocate one side or the other, exclusively, then by all means don't bring up this contra stuff. But if your goal is to inform and spread truth, please take it into consideration.

On second look, it appears the "girl" is just a clever parodist. Touche!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okaaii uhmm.....
WHY THEE HELL IS THIS BEING PROMOTED!!!!

I, personally, am looking for the most gruesome hunting photo i can find. Not because i have the same sadistic mind as you people, but because i am writing a discursive essay on the brutality of hunting, bullfighting, racing and circuses. So why 'clean them up' when people like me are trying to promote the Anti-Hunting campaign?

help us out here ! :laughup:

Why kill inncoent creatures for sport? Its all a mystery to me....
I mean, as well as killing for no reason, even killing for food alone is sickening thats why there is the existence of a reliable sorce of meat, i dont know about there in COOKOOLAND but here in REALITY, we are provided with meat from SUPERMARKETS!!!!! You know those huge places you go to buy stuff???? Yeah... that!!!
:laughup:

all sad really?

shannon, 15
Anti-Hunting Campaign

I don't care about the animals. I kill. Killing is what I do! I kill flys, I kill deer, it doesn't matter.
Kill:smash:

Jeremiah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
okaaii uhmm.....

I, personally, am looking for the most gruesome hunting photo i can find. Not because i have the same sadistic mind as you people, but because i am writing a discursive essay on the brutality of hunting, bullfighting, racing and circuses. So why 'clean them up' when people like me are trying to promote the Anti-Hunting campaign?

I mean, as well as killing for no reason, even killing for food alone is sickening thats why there is the existence of a reliable sorce of meat, i dont know about there in COOKOOLAND but here in REALITY, we are provided with meat from SUPERMARKETS!!!!! You know those huge places you go to buy stuff???? Yeah... that!!!

all sad really?

shannon, 15
Anti-Hunting Campaign

Surely this is just a ploy by supporters of the non-horrific photos thread trying to prove a point that people will use them to promote anti-hunting sentement.
If not, then I'm very suprised of the naivety of the general public about the pros/cons of hunting. Maybe they would rather have scientists breed genetically modified cattle and chickens with no brain so they won't feel bad when they are slaughtered.
Handlebar, you are probably right. I think she would receive some enlightenment if she saw how the meat made it to the magical supermarket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is another hunter just wanting to get a great first post:D

Ya know how it is:
I'm an operator, new to this theater. My spec ops team needs a place to train.....and so on.

Any REAL hugger would have never posted and put out their position.
:D:D

OK COME OUT AND "SPLAIN" YOURSELF! I've got ya pegged:D

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okaaii uhmm.....

all sad really?

shannon, 15
Anti-Hunting Campaign

:laugh6: Good Luck with your paper. PM me if you need more pics of dead animals. I can provide ducks, deer, turkey, quail, hogs.......... :withstupi

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give you people gold, and I can't even get a golf clap. Do you think this is easy? Do you think this is not a job? I'd like to see you get up here and try to....I've lost my train of thought.

Sorry RidgeHunter,...that did get a laugh and a snort when I saw it, but I was also reading the the "anti" post as well. You're right, under most circumstances that would be "Gold".

Latest posts

Top Bottom