Today is Drowsy Drive Awareness Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100,000: Approximate number of automobile crashes every year that are cause by drowsy driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Been a while since I posted one of these. :screwy:
So you guys wake up while you're driving now. :wave:

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Nothing like waking up going backwards through a field at 70 mph at 4 a.m. I'm lucky.... Talk about disorienting. Why am I in tall grass? And why is it passing me in that direction! Oh &%*^!!!!!

Pull over and take a nap if you need it. I can take a ten or fifteen minute catnap and be good afterwards. Small sacrifice in time in exchange for safety.

Last edited:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On my way to work this morning on Hwy-9 (60-65mph limit), I got stuck behind three different drivers doing 15 to 20 below the limit. One was on a side street (50mph limit) heading to Hwy-9. Person was doing 35. The other two drivers were on Hwy-9. One in the 65mph section doing 45. He eventually turned off. The other was one of those drivers that just can't wait for traffic to get past. He had to pull out in front of everyone and do 45 in the 60 zone. If he had waited 5 more seconds, the road would have been clear for him to pull out behind us. I always drive the limit. I try to not speed. It keeps my wallet happy. But some of these people not only can drive ya crazy, but it's downright dangerous.

I'm thinking they thought Drowsy Driver Awareness meant they were supposed to drive that way.

I need one of Major Malfunction's mini-guns for my Jeep. :)

I've been in a sleepy driving situation before. It can be scary, so +1000 on pull over and rest. Even if it's just for a moment to refresh.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We drove out to Lake Dirtybird when I was 18, and I guess it was too late for both of us. I was the passenger, Joe was driving. We both woke up screaming as the centrifugal force forced our bodies against the doors of our car, which was spinning out of control down in the (thankfully) large area between north and south bound traffic. Not a median... what's it called? Scared the crap out of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom