Top Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over my break, I finally got the Netflix iPhone app. As a result, I'm about 3 seasons deep into Top Gear. I never used to watch it on BBC America because I'm wasn't (am now as a result) much of a car guy. But holy cow, that might be the absolute funniest show I've ever seen. Some of the stuff they do, the epic races and challenges and special episodes, are hilarious. Their personalities lend themselves perfectly to some really fun stuff. If you haven't watched it before, I suggest trying.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never watched a show, and then one of the guys I was in the Navy with posted one on his facebook. I started it thinking it was a short clip or something, and the next thing I know it's an hour later, and I want to watch more.

The one I watched was on classic British sports cars, and when they drove around to the old shutdown abandoned factories, it really brought me down to realize the same thing is happening en masse here with our own companies.

Even if the quality wasn't as good as it is now, knowing you have something that your fellow countrymen built(like the car company they showcased where each car was built by one person), it really makes it a little more special.

I'd love to watch other episodes of that. I may have to break down and get Netflix sometime.

In contrast, though, I don't care to watch the American version at all. . .

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finalgear.com has torrents of all the seasons, in BBC style - uncut for commercials.

My favorite tv show that is still on air. And for the record, I don't much care for the American version.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The British Top Gear has had some great shows. One of the best is the one where they try to kill a small Toyota diesel pickup. It wouldn't die.

nhgsr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Top Gear is hilarious. I really haven't watched to much TV lately, but I may have to pull up some old episodes. I love it when they have contests in old beaters.

Flightmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The American one is fine, different yes
Would you want the exact same show? Then just watch the euro one.
Wish A. Carolla could have been able to do it like was originally intended.

Latest posts

Top Bottom