Top Shot Season 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really disappointed with the guys. Per what they said, they expected the shotgun guy to perform very well in this challenged since it was a shotgun. BUT, his skill is shooting TRAP and SKEET - i.e. moving targets. The competition they had was just the same as shooting a high powered (high recoil) rifle. So, the skills the shotgun had developed over years of competition had nothing to do with the challenge of shooting a single projectile at those bottles. Yet, the guys kept saying the shotgun guy should excel. Why??? As you know, shotgunning is about keeping your eyes on the target and NOT the sights.

Also, why do they never have an actual shotgun competition - skeet or trap with moving targets?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really disappointed with the guys. Per what they said, they expected the shotgun guy to perform very well in this challenged since it was a shotgun. BUT, his skill is shooting TRAP and SKEET - i.e. moving targets. The competition they had was just the same as shooting a high powered (high recoil) rifle. So, the skills the shotgun had developed over years of competition had nothing to do with the challenge of shooting a single projectile at those bottles. Yet, the guys kept saying the shotgun guy should excel. Why??? As you know, shotgunning is about keeping your eyes on the target and NOT the sights.

Also, why do they never have an actual shotgun competition - skeet or trap with moving targets?

Good point. Still the olympic shotgun champion had no reason to be calling out everyone else when he only hit 4 of 15 and went 1 for 5 of the first two series. Percentage-wise, he was the second worst.

They have had moving target shotgun competitions back in earlier seasons. Once they had to shoot flying clays from the back of a moving pickup. The other they had to throw increasing amounts of clays (I think it was 1 to 5) by hand and break before they hit the ground like those trick shooters do.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To revive the thread Chester the Molester is gone!!!

I thought the elimination pair was exactly who it should have been. Chris was only almost up there because he admitted he was unhappy with his own experience. I think the next weakest link is the red head cop from NY.

I was really surprised at how poorly he did in that competition. He put the team down by a huge defecit.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Chris' "second" shot? The hammer fell on an empty chamber after reloading. If he had rotated the cylinder correctly, he could have beat Jake. He pulled the trigger and CLICK, and I think that rattled him. Then Jake got his shot off and hit it. Oh, well, crap happens. Glad he didn't get put in the elimination though. It was close!

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me, or should the "shotgun guy" from the red team been nominated last night? He's supposedly a "world class" shotgun shooter, but performed poorly with it. Either way, that revolver guy smoked the elimination challange. Looked like a lot of fun too!

He hasn't been shooting well and he acts like a big douche. He needs to be gone.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Chris' "second" shot? The hammer fell on an empty chamber after reloading. If he had rotated the cylinder correctly, he could have beat Jake. He pulled the trigger and CLICK, and I think that rattled him. Then Jake got his shot off and hit it. Oh, well, crap happens. Glad he didn't get put in the elimination though. It was close!
I did notice this. I think that is part of why he felt he should have gone up for elimination. As an all around shooter and competitor though he is way better than the two who ended up going to elimination. I would have been disappointed if he got eliminated on the end of a gattling gun.

Gattling guns were cool and all that but I dont really agree with that being a marksmanship thing. Any monkey who understands turning knobs could shoot that thing. Didn't require much marksmanship at all.

Looks like next week they are shooting cannons, like literally cannons on wagon wheels. Depending on at what distance they are shooting them not really too much into that either. If they are trying to hit a car that is 2500 yards away or something like that, then that would be cool I guess.

Seems to me like the show may be taking the direction of lots of shows that fail. They try and do all this "cool" stuff but its getting away from the core of it, which is the shooting sports and marksmanship.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ginger guy really needs to go. He talks about how poorly he shoots but in the same breath says that they need to determine who to eliminate so he and the team can move on. Jake needs to go from the blue team as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom