top shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the 10/22 is a mind game for most of these guys. As everyone knows, simple gun that people have been shooting since puberty and when you start missing shots with it your mind plays havoc on you. I think that is what happened to Gunny, his brain was going a mile a minute in his head.

Especially since that challenge Gunny got hung up on wasn't on a shaky platform, or hanging from his toenails upside down, or during free fall, it was standing still shooting targets. Total mind game in that stage if you ask me.

I don't think anyone can convince me that George missed the shots he did on accident. He missed a 2x2 plate at 25 feet and then a dinner plate at 50 yds so badly he wasn't even on the surround. Sorry but I just dont buy that a US armed forces sniper misses either of those shots in the fashion they were missed.

I think you're crazy for thinking Gunny let Chris win though.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I finally watched it. I thought it was a good season and there couldn't have been a more deserving winner. Other than the off day he had there where George pushed him into the final with that gimmee, he was pretty solid in about everything else. That's what I liked about Chris, he was kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. I think any of the other guys in the final four, Joe or George, would have beat Zins in that final.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that a short while ago Chris also came in second in the Field & Stream All Around Sportsman (or something like that, I can't remember exactly) competition.

Tangoforcash

New to the site!
Reaction score
I could swear that when they were showing who will be on Top Shot season 3 the guy was wearing a USSA Instructor T-Shirt? Anyone confirm that there is a competitor on Season 3 who was an instructor at USSA?

I can confirm. I don't post on here often but that was me (Chris Collins) in the commercial looking like a gomer. Have you been a student at the academy before?

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can confirm. I don't post on here often but that was me (Chris Collins) in the commercial looking like a gomer. Have you been a student at the academy before?

Congrats Chris!!! I haven't gotten off my lazy a** yet and signed up for a class at USSA, but I do go to the IDPA and ProAm matches each month up there. Best of luck to you man, and keep us updated if you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom