"Big Iron" by Marty Robbins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was BIG iron, it had to be a Colt Walker Dragoon!
Don't die with a sissy little gun..... Die with a man's gun! 😆

Why, by God girl, that's a Colts Dragoon! You ain't no bigger than a corn nubbin', what are you doin' with all this pistol?

MV5BMjM4MzExNTA5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA1MzU3MTE@._V1_.jpg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion Marty Robbins was a great singer/song writer, that literally invented a new type song with El Paso! Being a guitar player I appreciate some of the guitar music in some of his recordings. I heard a interesting story on the recording of El Paso. There are great guitar licks continuously, throughout this song, and no two are the same, that is hard to do!! Plus the guitar used in this session was an old arch top Gibson, acoustic, the ones with high arching top, and F holes. These guitars are not very good for picking, and were mostly used by big band, western swing, playing cords for rhythm. I don't think anyone even makes the type guitars commercially any more. That was a strange choice for this incredible recording, but the dull, drown like sound was very unique, and gave this recording a different fell, and fit well with the story! I don't remember the guys name that played this, but he was very good!!

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think the big on on the ranger's hip was a Glock 34 or a 17L?
Neither. It was a S&W model 25-5, 4”, blued. Custom built by a deceased older gentleman that customized it by converting square frame to round, trigger, cylinders chamfered, and additional ball detention lock installed in crane and yolk. Most accurate. He also built custom revolvers for different competitions for the winner. I have the receipt. His name eludes me at the moment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom