Total loss house fire: helicopter hunt raffle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
648A4206-045E-4DA0-991D-AB2A45470E61.jpeg
Hi OSA,

I am posting hoping to help my uncle out. Last week, my Uncle (Mark Cox) left his home to help his mother on the farm. He arrived at my grandmothers home and they went to go get some hay. About 20 minutes later, they returned to the area of his home and found the entire house engulfed in flames. In a matter of minutes, everything they owned was reduced to a pile of smoldering ashes. The family of three is trying peice their life back together again.

Mark Cox is a member of this forum, has a wife and four kids, is a Jimmy Buffett fanatic, and is an avid gun nut. More than anything, Mark is about as good as they come and he would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it.

Clayton Webb of Webb Aviation is donating a helicopter hog hunt to the cause. I believe this raffle will be donation-based and will be drawn on February 8. Webb Aviation has a Facebook page and more information is listed there.

Thank you all for your time.

Last edited:

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys I've been holding off on saying anything about this. I didn't wanna seem like I was begging for your help. Once I was much more active on this forum. Life happens. Most of the time I'm just a lurker and just read post and try to learn from u guys. This was my home that burned. Insurance investigator said it was caused from electrical wiring from breaker box to furnace. I've never been through anything so devastating. It is quite hubbling for you and your family to walk away from your home with only the cloths on your back. It's been quite the experience and I can say eye opener. I have a new appropriation for disaster victims. You get up one day and thing it's a normal day but by the end of the day your looking for somewhere for you son and wife to sleep. To have nothing. I mean nothing. No salt, pepper, toilet paper, socks, underware. You can imaging just walking out of your house and having none of ur belongings. No pictures, no anything. I'm not asking for sympathy or help. We will get by, but please check over your insurance policies, keep a record of everything you have. Dealing with our insurance is a nightmare. Local friends and family have been great.

I would like to say my 12 yr old and I both have done this hunt. It was a great experience. If your interested please sign up. It will be an experience you will not forget or regret. And of course you will be helping my family get back to some kind of normal life. Thank you guys for letting me ramble. Thanks for any support!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok guys I've been holding off on saying anything about this. I didn't wanna seem like I was begging for your help. Once I was much more active on this forum. Life happens. Most of the time I'm just a lurker and just read post and try to learn from u guys. This was my home that burned. Insurance investigator said it was caused from electrical wiring from breaker box to furnace. I've never been through anything so devastating. It is quite hubbling for you and your family to walk away from your home with only the cloths on your back. It's been quite the experience and I can say eye opener. I have a new appropriation for disaster victims. You get up one day and thing it's a normal day but by the end of the day your looking for somewhere for you son and wife to sleep. To have nothing. I mean nothing. No salt, pepper, toilet paper, socks, underware. You can imaging just walking out of your house and having none of ur belongings. No pictures, no anything. I'm not asking for sympathy or help. We will get by, but please check over your insurance policies, keep a record of everything you have. Dealing with our insurance is a nightmare. Local friends and family have been great.

I would like to say my 12 yr old and I both have done this hunt. It was a great experience. If your interested please sign up. It will be an experience you will not forget or regret. And of course you will be helping my family get back to some kind of normal life. Thank you guys for letting me ramble. Thanks for any support!
I'm just getting back in town, and saw this. My sister lost everything but the pajamas she was wearing a few years back, so I understand where you're coming from.
You never get it all back either. No way anybody can remember everything they own. I've walked around the house with a video camera, opening drawers, cabinets, etc to get what I can on record.
I might suggest paypal if you have it on your end.
I'll be contributing. Good luck working with the insurance company. Most are really good to work with as long as you can document some how.

Latest posts

Top Bottom