Totally amazing what medical folks can do now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/542725002

A U.S. serviceman severely injured several years ago in an IED blast in Afghanistan has received the world's first total penis and scrotum transplant, surgeons at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine announced Monday.

The man, whose identity was not released, is recovering well and expected to regain both urinary and sexual function, Richard Redett, who led the transplant team, said at a Monday telephone news conference.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to crack a joke about this but given the circumstances that would not be high-principled. Anyway good for the young man and glad to hear some of his physical and emotional sacrifices are being subsided

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The patient did not receive testicles from his donor to avoid the ethical issues that might ensue if he later had children, said Damon Cooney, another transplant team member. The testicles would have contained sperm from the recently deceased donor.

WTF!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if they were careful to color coordinate, and take into account the patient’s religious preference. Plus, size matters. But then, this is not exactly like shopping for new shoes and one might have a limited selection from which to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom